Trouble with EyeTV recording VHS

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by littlejodo, Dec 17, 2007.

1. littlejodo macrumors newbie

Dec 17, 2007
    I'm trying to digitize a VHS tape. This tape was produced by a tourist company and features several slow-motion effects that occur during all the best parts of the video. While watching the tape on the TV the picture and sound are both great, but when I run it through the EyeTV 250 on my mac the picture is fine except for the slow-motion parts. Every time the effect is used the picture gets distorted and the audio breaks up. Frame lines wipe across the screen and color is sometimes lost. I have tried changing every setting I can find but nothing makes it better.

It seems like it might be a frame rate problem, but I do not know if there is a setting that I can change for that. Help anyone??

2. littlejodo thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 17, 2007
  3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2006
    not too sure to be honest but it sounds like the video is interlaced and when digitised is progressive (the lines) but this shouldnt effect audio. I assume eyetv does de-interlacing itself but probably not as good as more professional software. Try looking for interlacing or de-interlacing in the pdf manual or help document.