Trouble with Flash in Safari and Firefox.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thejedipunk, Oct 30, 2007.

1. thejedipunk macrumors regular

thejedipunk

Is anyone else having trouble with Flash in Safari and Firefox? I don't know right off the bat what version of Firefox I have (lol skool computer) but even after re-installing Flash, nothing is showing up where stuff used to be. For example, I can't see anything on YouTube and yes, I did double check to see if all my MIME settings were checked off. Plugs-ins are enabled too. Even cookies. Help?

2. j_maddison macrumors 6502a

j_maddison

I have the exact same problem

I could get rid of it on Tiger by reinstalling flash, but on Leopard flash player has never worked for me.

Jay

3. j_maddison macrumors 6502a

j_maddison

It's something to do with the preferences in the library of your user account. I logged into another account and the problem wasn't there.

I've deleted the preferences and the problem has gone away

I wouldn't suggest you delete your preference folder like I have, instead have a look on the apple discussion forums for advice.

The recommendation on the forum was to back up the preference folder, delete the preferences and use the back up folder to trouble shoot the issue.

I know that isn't very clear, but I'm not an expert on this matter. I just know that my fiddling seems to have resolved the issue

Jay

4. IChing macrumors regular

Flash and Leopard don't get along!

With the beta update I'm having less problems on safari crashing but it still crashes.This issue has been acknowledged by Adobe® in the following blog post but unfortunately does not include a definitive date for a fix. We also know that this is an identified issue between Adobe and Apple that is affecting millions of people on any site which is delivering web upload capabilities through Adobe FlashTM Player.

http://blogs.msdn.com/mithund/archive/2007/10/31/flash-and-leopard-don-t-get-along.aspx