trouble with handbrake on new MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iknowyourider, Mar 26, 2008.

1. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I have used the 2 previous handbrakes on tiger with no problem. I got a new MBP w/ leopard. Got the new handbrake and it is a pain. Some of the movie will transfer then the drive starts kicking in&out&in&out (spinning / not-spinning), making no progress. Please help. Thanks, Mick

2. x13gamer macrumors regular

x13gamer

What Version Of handbrake are you using? I believe O.9.2 is the newest and it has not been giving me any trouble. You may try re-downloading and reinstalling. Are you Running Leopard?

3. iknowyourider thread starter macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I'll check version tomorrow. I got the latest a couple weeks ago. I'm on a different machine right now. I may have to try re-downloading it. Wanted to hear from another handbrake user. Thanks. It's hard to determine my problem since I switched to Leopard, MBP and new version of handbrake all at once.

4. DJAKO macrumors 6502a

Running 0.9.2 here with no problems. I'd give it a fresh install, hopefully that'll clear it up.

5. iknowyourider thread starter macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

OK, Yea, I'm using 9.2 also. I'll reinstall it. Thanks

6. iknowyourider thread starter macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

sofarsogood. It's been working for about 10 minutes. I'm also encoding on my tiger macbook to compare them. The tiger macbook seems a lot faster. It is working at 70 fps and the MBP is working at 49 fps what ever that is. The only setting that's different is the constant quality. macbook=50%, MBP=65%. Maybe I should turn it down for speed. I'm using the classic preset on the 9.2 version. The macbook is version 8.5b1

7. iknowyourider thread starter macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

yep, it works fine now. Thanks. I would still like to hear an opinion about the constant quality.