Trouble with i4 keypad

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by el.jeffe58, Jun 1, 2011.

1. el.jeffe58 macrumors member

el.jeffe58

I am having issues with keypad on the iPhone 4, new as of a month and a half ago. It is not working well, responds to the wrong touch or responds to no touch, where my finger us a mm or 2 away from the pad. I read I should take it to a Genius at the Apple Store but I bought it from ATT. Shouldn't I bring it there? I also have Applecare (which seems to be a rip-off anyway). So, what would you do?

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Start by restoring it and setting it up as new = no use of backup. If it still is acting wierd, make an appointment at a genius bar.

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

AT&T doesn't handle any iPhone issues so you would have to take it to the Apple Store.

Restore your iPhone in iTunes and see if that helps. If not make an appointment to see a Genius and get a replacement.

4. el.jeffe58 thread starter macrumors member

el.jeffe58

Thank you for the replies! I called A-Care. To my chagrin, he asked me to remove my screen protector. After a few more needles from the rep., I did and viola. No more errors. I really like the look of the naked screen anyways. It rocks. Sooo darn clear. I think it was a blessing. My Element Case will be put to the test now. The guy at A-Care was very nice and cooperative. I guess problem solved until further notice. Thanks again.

5. barings-prod macrumors newbie

whats an i4 keypad ?

6. el.jeffe58 thread starter macrumors member

el.jeffe58

Did you read the thread?