Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squire

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
Hi.

I'm trying to edit some video of my kids for my parents and I just ran into my first snag.

When I'm importing video (or viewing video from my DV cassette on the viewer screen), I only see the top left corner of the video clip. The rest of the screen stays blue. It's not a minimized clip; it's a partial shot of the footage.

I've tried changing cassettes, unplugging then plugging the cord back in, turning the camera on and off...nothing. I can still view the footage from my camcorder's flip-out display, but it's much better on the Mac's screen.

Have any of you had this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Squire

(If it matters, I have a 17" 1 GHz iMac, the latest version of iMovie, and a Canon ZR20 mini-DV camcorder.)

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Try powering down yer Mac. Connect yer camera and place it in VTR/playback mode, then power up yer Mac. You might want to hit the iMovie support forums over at Apple.com too.

Lethal

Squire

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
Squire Owes Lethal a Beer

Thanks a million. Restarting the Mac worked. (I feel sort of stupid for not trying that myself.)

I guess this is one of the shortest threads in MacRumors history.

Yeah, next time I'm in Central Indiana...

Squire

<This thread is dead.>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.