Trouble with iPhone 3G's invisible shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ShinkuEX, Aug 6, 2008.

1. ShinkuEX macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the accessories boards, but since this is a trivial issue, I'll take my chances here.

This morning when I woke up, I noticed a few small "craters" on the front screen protector of my 3G. I don't know how this happened since it was fine the night before.

What I wanna know is if there's any way to get rid of these dents and smooth the screen again, or will it go away itself?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

When you applied it, did you use a lot of spray and then squeegie everything out?

3. ShinkuEX thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, it's been nice and smooth for the past two weeks; no bubbles or dents. Even last night it looked as good as it did the day I applied it.

This morning is when these dents appeared.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well the SHIELD is textured; are you sure you phone is not dented :eek:

5. ShinkuEX thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm sure. I applied the shield when I got my phone. I ordered it weeks before as a preparation.

6. gray67 macrumors member

gray67

My InvisibleShield is not terribly impressive either. I'm noticing some pockmarks as well and it is murder to keep clean - almost as bad as an unshielded iPhone. Kinda makes me wonder if it's worth it or if I should request a new shield in a couple months.

7. Medic macrumors member

I have found the Invisible Shield bothersome to be honest as it isn't really flat and smooth. It kind of wasts the visual and touch experience for me. I removed the front and put a static protection sheet instead. Much better, flat and feels like the screen. I eventually took the Inv. Shield off the back as well as I didn't like the feel in my hand and the look on the flip corners...As someone said in another thread, it's not baby jesus, it's just a phone! That being said, I have found a nice pouch and just use that and screen protector + insured the baby...