Trouble with Logitech Bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Antimatter, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Antimatter macrumors regular

Alright so I bought the Logitech V470 Bluetooth mouse for my MB. It's kind of small but I like it.
    Anyways, I had the Logitech drivers and everything was going decent, but the mouse was still kind of laggy. Now after reading a thread on a Logitech mouse, everyone said Logitech's drivers were horrible. So I uninstalled everything that said Logitech Control Center. I didn't get everything though, because it still says Logitech Control Center connected whenever I connect my mouse. Is there anyway to get rid of it? I can't find anything about Logitech anywhere on my system.
    Now to my second problem, the mouse pointer lags! I go and try to click the back button and it takes me a couple tries every now and then because it over shoots it and then lags back. It's really annoying. Is there anything I can do about that?

I might add that I'm using an external monitor.

I'm thinking of just buying a new mouse, but that's another $50...

Thanks for any help!

2. mos6502 macrumors newbie

I bought the same mouse yesterday. I don't think the Logitech control center drivers are any worse than the stock drivers in my case. The problem I have is that after a few seconds of idling the mouse stutters when you move it again. From what I've been able to gather by googling this is a "power saving" feature.

I wish I knew how to tweak those settings. Anyone?

3. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

I have no answer but I share the same frustration with the lagginess of that mouse. I'm probably going to return mine. By the time the cursor "wakes up" and catches up to the mouse the pointer is 1/4 of the way across the screen. I can't imagine this "feature" is acceptable to anyone.

I've had somewhat better luck with the Lazer Pro|Click Mobile bluetooth mouse. More spendy, though.

4. mos6502 macrumors newbie

I *was* going to get the razer but they didn't have it in stock. Can you confirm it's stutter free? If so, I'll take my logitech back.

If this is a problem with all BT mice, I'll just get an MX Revolution. I wanted to free a USB port but not with this problem.

5. Antimatter thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I was thinking about getting the MX Revolution too, but now I completely got rid of Logitech on my computer and it seems to be working much better. I don't get the lagginess anymore. I hope it stays that way. I used Steermouse to assign the different functions to the buttons.

Edit! Arg, as I was going to click the submit button, there was a bit of lagginess! I shouldn't have said anything!

6. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

I have the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 or whatever it's called...great mouse with a back button doesn't work! Easily fixed with the SteerMouse driver though...it's been smooth sailing since. I love having no dongle taking up a USB port 24/7!

7. EYESPORTS macrumors member

I purchased the Logitech v470 2 days ago. Connected it to our new MBP via the Bluetooth feature and it works great. The only compliant I'd have is that it's a little small - so not as comfortable to use.

8. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

Well I just went out and bought a wired mighty mouse, and as expected the right mouse click only works reliably if I first lift my left index finger off the mouse (I'm a righty). Its not laggy. Its not ideal either.

I'm going to try using just the Razer bluetooth tomorrow for a whole day to see if that's really any better.

FWIW, the V470 is only laggy after you haven't touched it for several seconds, I agree it must be a power saving-type feature (and if so its a poorly implemented one). If you can get used to wiggling it a little before you start using it then it works fine, you just can't click and expect an immediate response if its been sitting still for a short while.

9. mos6502 macrumors newbie

I got a refund on the v470 ad got an MX Revolution on special for 79$. Very happy with this mouse!

10. Wiredrawn macrumors regular

I have the same problem of being unable to remove all Logitech control centre software, exactly as you have. It doesn't show up in spotlight, but it does when you connect the mouse.

How on EARTH did you get rid of it completely like you said?

I've tried everything I can think of!

11. Antimatter thread starter macrumors regular

I found it in the Activity Monitor and I somehow removed it by that. I don't quite remember but I remember it went crazy on my and was using 100% of my CPU and that's how I found it. Good luck!

12. LongJnSilver macrumors newbie

my Logitech works flawlessly!

I'm confused by all the problems youze are having. Mine has worked flawlessly for 7 months now.

I downloaded NO software, just plugged it in and let 'er rip.

Now I'm concerned that I've just recommended the mouse to a buddy
    who was coveting mine. He's running a stock MacBook.

Johnny - MacBook Pro OSX Leopard (no jump to Snow yet)

13. Thelonio macrumors newbie

Better tracking now..

I've bought a Logitech V470 for my MacBook Pro and I've found all the problems you guys mentioned on this thread.

I founded that the problem is the Logitech Software in bundle with the mouse.
    Just get rid of the Logitech app and let the Mac work with the
    bluetooth on ->Browse Device

Still a little problem when you don't use the mouse for few seconds, probably related to the save energy stuff .. but at least the tracking now it's ok.