Trouble with Mail

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Pau!, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Pau! macrumors newbie

I tried setting up the mail server to work with my yahoo account, but i have had no luck. I go through the setup process, and it keeps saying it fails to connect or whatever. Then i get to the main page where your mail should be after setup is complete, and it asks for my password so i put it in but it keeps telling me its the wrong password.

Also i made sure it was the same password, because i can log onto yahoo, through its site and it works.

2. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

I don't believe Yahoo allows POP access to its site unless you pay for their premium service.

3. Pau! thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, you're right. I was looking around on yahoo, and its only for premium users.

Would you know how i would set it up for my college email. What would i use as like the mail servers?

4. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

This is something I really can't help you with. Check around on your school's IT page, or call over to the computer techs there. Every school is going to have their access set up differently, using whatever they think are good parameters. I know my school had chimpanzees running the IT department. So check into it, but if there are walkthroughs for setting up Outlook on Windows, your settings are usually the same. Good luck.