Trouble with making MacOS 9 boot CD

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by PowerMac G4 MDD, Jul 28, 2014.

1. PowerMac G4 MDD macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

So I just made a forum account on the site 'macos9lives.com'...yeah, I know what you're thinking. If you have an account then you get access to God's only MacOS 9 disk images. This is the only place I could find them online. I have an OS9 disc but it's for a select amount of Apple computers. I am trying to install MacOS9 on my PowerMac 4400/200. After downloading, I realize that the disk image is too large to fit on my 700MB CD, and I obviously cannot put it on a DVD since my Mac has no DVD-ROM drive. I tried to resize the image, however the smallest it could downsize it to was still over 700MB. Does anyone know of a small enough MacOS9.dmg that I can burn to a 700MB CD? I considered copying the system files to the disc, but I doubt that will make it bootable. I have about two CDs left and don't want to take chances. Anybody have a clue? I either need a solution or a .dmg that's not so large. Thanks.

2. Graeme43, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014

Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

I think images I have may help :apple: I have a 9.2 image that reports to be 670mb

Attached Files:

3. PowerMac G4 MDD thread starter macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

Where did you get your images from? I'd like an image like that.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

This thread is starting to go into discussions of piracy. Piracy is not allowed on MacRumors.

5. MysticCow macrumors 6502a

MysticCow

We can't help you.

NOTE: Link only points to a Google search and not to a specific site where the download may happen.