Trouble with Mavericks install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ivabign, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Ivabign, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

It has said completing installation less than a minute remaining for a half an hour - maybe more. What to do?

I have a May 2011 iMac 21.5 2.5 i5 base model with 16 gig ram

2. Ivabign thread starter macrumors 6502

Ivabign

That was the longest minute in recent memory. But it finally booted up and works fine.

3. macjunk(ie) macrumors 6502a

the same happened here...And after a lot of waiting, it started the installation again! I let it go through and it looks ok at the moment...

4. durhamj, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013

durhamj macrumors member

Could not install on "Macintosh HD"

Spent 3 hours with tech Spt trying to install Mavericks on a MBAir ver 3,2. It would not let me proceed with the installation on the SSD. Tech Spt couldn't see any problems with the drive; suggested a work around...
    1- Create a new partition.
    2- Install to the New Partition.
    3- Transfer data & Apps from the original Partition.
    4. Remove the original Part.
    5. Expand the New Maverick Part into the available space.

Seems to have worked...

Extra
    I had to update iPhoto and Brother Printer drivers. VMware Fusion ver 5.03 seems to be working.

EDIT: UGH! UGH!

After that was all done and I up and running on the Mavericks partition I learned that the size of the last partition on the harddrive CAN NOT be increased, even if there is Free Space on the drive. I had to create a new 1st partition, backup the Mavericks Part to the 1st Part. Reboot from the 1st Part. Remove the Mavericks Part., then resize the 1st part to fill the drive. Up and running again, it will just take Mavericks a hours to reindex the drive.