Trouble with my airport

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jello934, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Jello934 macrumors newbie

so this morning i decide to hop on my mac and it wouldn't connect to my homepage so i try different ones and still nothing so i restart my internet box and try it again....still nothing, i try to get on our PC in our office and it works fine. My sisters laptop a dell works fine. Even my xbox and ipod touch can connect. it says it can connect to the internet but can't find a ip address or something so it assigns a ip address for it. i've tried a lot of things but still no luck. Thanks!:apple:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Have you tried turning the Airport off then on again and restarting the wireless router?

3. Jello934 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes many times :/

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm kind of confused about your first post. Does you Mac get an IP address?

5. Jello934 thread starter macrumors newbie

no it just says in the network preferences that it has a self-assigned ip address sorry if it was confusing :eek:

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Have you tried to give it a manual IP address that is with in the correct range? Example: 192.168.1.15 or 10.0.0.24?

7. Jello934 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Jello934 thread starter macrumors newbie

nvm it did but it didnt like when i put the ip manually it looked like it was fixed but when i took out my ethernet cable it stopped

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm guessing that you've also tried the "Renew DHCP Lease" button in the Network pref pane? What do you mean removed the Ethernet cable, in the post above?

10. Jello934 thread starter macrumors newbie

how do i renew it and im using an ethernet from my mac to my wireless internet box, and to test if the wifi worked i took out the ethernet cable but it didn't work lol

11. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

To renew the lease: Open the Network pref pane, select the affected network connection, click the Advanced button, Click the TCP/IP tab, click "Renew DHCP Lease". When you set the manual IP address did you set the Ethernet one or the Airport one?

12. Jello934 thread starter macrumors newbie

13. Jello934 thread starter macrumors newbie

14. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

After the renew it should get an IP address from your router. If it doesn't then it's still not working correctly. At this point I'm out of ideas.

15. Jello934 thread starter macrumors newbie