Trouble with new iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bunnspecial, Feb 28, 2015.

1. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I just upgraded to an iPhone 6 from my well-used but faithful 4S.

I'd put off upgrading the operating system on my 4s, but as of now it's running 8.3.1. I then did a fresh back-up of my 4s.

I also upgraded my 6 to 8.3.1 immediately on receiving it.

I backed up my 4s to iTunes(12.1.0.5 on OS X 10.9.5), and then attempted to restore the backup to the 6. When I try to get do this the restore seems to proceed normally for a few minutes, but I then get the below message I get the below message in iTunes

I've been able to get my apps, contacts, and photos transferred over, but at least in the past when I got a new iPhone(about 3 years ago) I was able to transfer all my preferences and everything else over to the new phone. At this point, I'd like to-if nothing else-get my text messages/iMessages transferred over.

Any thoughts on what's going on-or at least if what I'm doing is not possible how I can transfer my messages over to the new phone. It would also be great to transfer my email accounts without having to manually re-enter them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files:

2. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Hmm, that's strange. Did you make sure the latest backup was successful and didn't stop halfway? Other than that, I'm not sure what would cause that. :rolleyes:

3. bunnspecial thread starter macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I'll try again, but I'm 99% positive that the backup completed.

4. bunnspecial thread starter macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Not sure what exactly is going on, but I decided to try the backup and restore on another computer. I backed up to my white MacBook running 10.10, then restored my new iPhone from that same computer. It worked perfectly.