Trouble with new MBP and USB keyboard mouse?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattgoldey, Apr 24, 2010.

1. mattgoldey macrumors member

Anyone having any issues with their new MBP with their USB keyboard and/or mouse?

Mine appears to be occasonally not getting key presses and button clicks. I'll press a key or click a mouse button and nothing will happen. Press again and it works.

I'm using the same Apple keyboard and Razer DeathAdder mouse that I was using on my previous computer with no issues.

2. mattgoldey thread starter macrumors member

Shamelessly bumping this thread to see if anyone has any issues like this.

I tried resetting the PRAM and I thought that it had helped at first, but even typing this post, It's happened a couple of times and I've had to go back and correct things.

3. floppysock macrumors newbie

Me too mate......

I have been in constant touch with Apple about this..... after a week of back and forth they have confirmed it's a 10.6.3 issue and there is no current fix for it. They hope to have it fixed in 10.6.4

They have said to me that there are a few with this issue so you arent alone...... very annoying I must admit.

Hope this helps.

4. mattgoldey thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. I was just about to conclude that my issue was due to a faulty USB extension cable. My MacBook Pro is on top of my desk and my keyboard & mouse are in the keyboard tray. The keyboard's USB cable isn't long enough to reach, so I've been using an extension. I took the extension out and it's been fine ever since. In fact, this reply required no corrections other than my own typos.

I'll keep testing, tho... I have a long day of WoW ahead of me today . :)

5. mattgoldey thread starter macrumors member

An hour later and still no recurrance of the issue. I think it was the USB extension cable.

6. floppysock macrumors newbie

Sorry! I misread your post, I thought you meant BT mouse and keyboard.... my mistake!

7. mattgoldey thread starter macrumors member

Ahhh... I was going to feel bad if a simple thing like that fixed mine and yours was still broke. Now I see you have a different issue.

Mine's still fixed. Guess I need to pick up a new USB extension cable Monday.