Trouble with nMP & Compressor 4.1.1

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by henjin, May 23, 2014.

1. henjin macrumors member

henjin

I have a 6core, D500, Mac Pro late 2013 with 64GB of RAM, and a MacBook Pro 15" late 2013 16GB of RAM and 1TB SSD (nVidia 750m).
    I used a Thunderbolt Bridge connection which had to be manually finessed to accept a two way green light connect.

I've set everything up in Compressor to allow a render on both computers and for five minutes or so I do get both giving a "Busy" report during a render. Then one drops to idle, then it's not available, then it vanishes.

I manually added the Mac Pro and the MacBook Pro using the IP address of each and though this reconnected the missing computer it would not last.

I discovered a tendency for the Thunderbolt connect to drop the manually selected port that when applied. This was the only way to Green Light & allow both computers see one another but not always in Compressor.

I would be thrilled if it is my actions that have caused this but have read on Apple's forums that there are others with an issue.

2. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Maybe you could try hooking both up through a regular wired LAN connection to see if its a thunderbolt or compressor problem.