Trouble with optimizing battery performance

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RangerFan104, Aug 22, 2009.

1. RangerFan104 macrumors newbie

Hello!

I have been using my MacBook on-the-go more often, and I was Googling ways to Optimize my battery performance. Lots of websites, including Apple help articles, say to...

"If you’re using a portable Macintosh computer, click Power Adapter (or choose Power Adapter from the “Settings for” pop-up menu) to specify the settings to use when your computer is connected to the power adapter. Click Battery (or choose Battery from the “Settings for” pop-up menu) to specify the settings to use when your computer is using its battery. If you see an Optimization pop-up menu, choose an option appropriate for your use of the computer or choose Custom to specify your settings."

That was copy and pasted from the apple help article, however I can't find a "Settings For" pop-up menu, and also I can't locate an option called Better Battery Settings. I am running 10.5.8 and I have a MacBook. Can anyone help me? Thanks :)

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

That setting was removed. To be honest, just use the battery, turn down the brightness and you'll do fine. I'm getting 2 Hours on my air while playing games

3. RangerFan104 thread starter macrumors newbie

If they removed it you would think apple would have enough sense to remove that from their help articles D:

Well, thanks for your help anyway.