Trouble with router and "airport" connection

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by csomers15, Aug 29, 2010.

1. csomers15 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, if someone could take one minute out of their busy lives to help me I would really appreciate it.

I am using a white macbook connecting to a dlink router.

Constantly, over and over and over (as in every 30 seconds or less) I have to go to the top right hand corner of my macbook's screen and click the Airport icon. I then have to click "Turn Airport off" and "Turn Airport On" for the internet to begin working again.

It times out CONSTANTLY regardless of what room I am in and the only trouble is with my macbook, nobody else's. The wireless network works perfectly fine and loads pages very quickly, then stops randomly and I have to reset it...

Please help! I moved back into my mom's house for a month between houses and this is driving me crazy. I can't get any work done. I tried searching and no luck. Thanks! :)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you restarted the modem yet?
    Are the other computers in the house, the one without problems, Macs too?
    What exact network settings do you use? To look for them, go to System Preferences > Network > AirPort > Advanced* and see what it says under AirPort, TCP/IP and DNS.

Have you tried a wired connection yet?

And what does it say, if you click on the AirPort symbol in the Menu Bar while holding down the OPTION/ALT key**?

You can take screenshots and add them to your next post via tinypic or some other image hosting site, that allows hot-linking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taking screenshots in Mac OS X.

3. csomers15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Spinnerlys. Thanks so much for the response.

Yes I have restarted the modem, still no luck. The other computers in the house are NOT macs. Two PC laptops and one PC desktop. The network was created on a PC.

I have tried using an ethernet cable and it works perfectly; however, my workspace is not on the same floor.

Below you will find the images you requested. Let me know if there is anything else I can provide. Thanks again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Graduf macrumors newbie

Facing same problem with my mac

Hi,
    I am facing exact same problem. A week back it was working fine and now I have this problem. Can't access internet without turning airport off after every 6 - 10 minutes.
    Please help.
    Thanks.

5. csomers15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Gotta bump this because I still am having the same problem. Can someone at least tell me if this is something that Apple could fix, or what my best bet is for router troubleshooting? I tried calling my ISP and they basically said either something metal is blocking it or my computer is messed up and to call Apple...