Trouble with Safari and FireFox

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by munkees, Aug 13, 2011.

1. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

On one of my computers, all off a sudden in all accounts, I cannot open a web page in Safari or Firefox, just get a blank white screen and the status part is blue for about 1 inch of the bar.

I have opened a terminal window to see if the DNS is not working, but it has no trouble looking up different names, and ping to DNS names works.

I know it not the router seeing all the other devices and computers work fine.

Any idea, is there a global Safari cache, or area, that is shared by all safari users in the system ?

2. munkees thread starter macrumors 65816

munkees

Ok I fixed it.

I opened a command line, did an nslookup of a site, cut the ip address then passed it straight into safari, after that, every thing returned to normal.

3. mbdblue macrumors newbie

How did you solve this problem?

I am going batty with a white screen web page in Safari and Firefox on my iMac! I see your solution, but....I don't know what you did by what you wrote (in other words, I'm not a programmer or highly techie). Would you mind telling me the specific steps to solve the issue? I cannot find a solution anywhere else.
    The website I get a white screen on is this one: http://www.scottkelby.com/
    I seem to have no other problems Safari or FF with other websites.