Trouble With Smart Playlist

Discussion in 'iPod' started by SmickG5, Jan 14, 2008.

1. SmickG5 macrumors newbie

I haven't seen anybody post something close to this problem before so if somebody already did my bad.
    Here's my problem:

This is similar with other artists as well but my example will include two artists. I have two artists on my computer, Cassidy and Butch Cassidy. I have a playlist of Cassidy music, mixtapes from Philly and his three albums in a smart playlist. But Butch Cassidy is included in his playlist because of the name. Obviously if I say do not contain butch cassidy it includes everything in my library but butch cassidy. I want to include all cassidy music but if it says butch cassidy i want that person to be excluded as well as everybody who isn't cassidy. Had this problem for a few years but just now posting it.

ANY ANSWERS?!

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

New smart playlist, "Artist" "is" "Cassidy" doesn't work?

3. SmickG5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not every track in the artist field is just named Cassidy. It might be Cassidy feat. Drag-On. Plus there are songs where his name is in the song field because it'll be the track title then feat. Cassidy.
    The ones with butch cassidy are the same way. He is featured on other peoples songs.