Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philip in al

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Im running Lockinfo and had the old version of Wetoolbox for Notification center running fine. Today I updated to the new version and the minute my phone rebooted, it would freeze and lock on the lock screen every time.

I rebooted 15 times; same result, frozen. If I let it sit and did nothing, it would eventually just reboot and the same issue would occur each time.

After trying all kinds of button press combos, it eventually, rebooted and I went straight to Cydia and uninstalled the app.

Has anyone else had this issue? Now that I have uninstalled the app, is it foolish to try to reinstall it again? In the future, if an app causes the phone to freeze at the lock screen, is there a way to get the phone into a mode that will alway me to remove the offending app?

Anyone?

thanks

Mr. Synch

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
Im running Lockinfo and had the old version of Wetoolbox for Notification center running fine. Today I updated to the new version and the minute my phone rebooted, it would freeze and lock on the lock screen every time.

I rebooted 15 times; same result, frozen. If I let it sit and did nothing, it would eventually just reboot and the same issue would occur each time.

After trying all kinds of button press combos, it eventually, rebooted and I went straight to Cydia and uninstalled the app.

Has anyone else had this issue? Now that I have uninstalled the app, is it foolish to try to reinstall it again? In the future, if an app causes the phone to freeze at the lock screen, is there a way to get the phone into a mode that will alway me to remove the offending app?

Anyone?

thanks

Found out that the developer just submitted the new update on Cydia. Not sure if it's already there or not, haven't checked it out myself.

occamsrazor

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2007
http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/799272-review-weetoolbox-notification-center-toolbox.html

I have the same issue too. Seem the problem has been fixed in a new update, but my iPhone 4S/5.01 is now useless. It freezes as soon as the "enter passcode" screen comes up, before I can even enter the code. Mobilesubstrate safe mode doesn't kick in, and because it doesn't get past this stage it doesn't connect to wifi so I can't even ssh into it.
Looks like the only option left is to do an iTunes restore, re-jailbreak, re-sync, etc... sigh.

AnotherBrian

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
WeeToolBox and Lockinfo

Yeah mine did the same thing but it would let me get into the phone right when it started up it would only lock up when lockinfo was on the screen. So I just turned it off in lockinfo settings and all was fine. I don't have the passcode unlock on mine maybe that makes your lockinfo load unlike mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.