Trouble with UIViewControllers

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Ryan Burgess, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

Hi, I've made a few simple apps before (with the help of some people on these forums) and I'm back with more problems.

I want to make an app for laser enthusiasts such as I, where one can type in/select the power and wavelength of their laser, then the program will display a page of information about that laser with a back button to start over again.

I have made a very simple mockup of what the app should look like (I will make it pretty later :D) Included in the screenshots is what I have done.

So far all I want to test is when I click the button labeled "Green" it will go to the next page. I right clicked on the button "Green" and dragged a line to the second view controller and selected "Push". However, when I run the app all I get is an error after clicking the "Green Button". I have included the error message as well.

I have NOT written any code anywhere yet...and I'm assuming that's why this won't work, however I've been researching the internet and can't find a clear answer on how to accomplish this very simple task.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Sonnestah macrumors regular

Your screenshot only shows part of the error you're getting.

Also make sure you are dragging it to the view controller, not elsewhere