Trouble with unlocking 3.1.3 on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphone3DG3, Feb 27, 2010.

1. iphone3DG3 macrumors member

Hey MacRumors community,

I have a 3GS with the old iBoot. Ever since that Cydia crash with the ZodTTD source, I was unable to use my Cydia. I didn't have OpenSSH on my phone, so I couldn't delete that source. Therefore, I decided to update to 3.1.3 via PwnageTool so I can use my Cydia again.

So here is my problem I have right now... I decided to use PwnageTool 3.1.5 to update to 3.1.3 while keeping the 05.11.07 baseband so I can use it on T-Mobile. However, as soon as I run the blackra1n unlock on Cydia, it freezes up my phone completely.

I am able to hacktivate and all, but I cannot run an unlock. I tried to downgrade to 3.1.2 (as I do have my SHSH for 3.1.2 stored on Cydia), but I am having trouble using Umbrella to do so.

What are my choices right now? :(

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

If they are stored on cydia why do you need to use umbrella?

3. iphone3DG3 thread starter macrumors member

Well it was my first time using Umbrella. Never mind guys, I successfully downgraded back to 3.1.2 via Saurik's method of using Finder on the Mac and changing the host in the /etc folder. Then I ran blackra1n and now things work fine again. Thanks for your help.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone to grab your SHSHs, because I cannot emphasize enough how important they can be! :D