Trouble with Verizon

AztecKing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Southern Oregon
I was on a trip this last week to Montana and while there my 6+ would display 2-3 bars and say "Extended" but I couldn't dial out. When I speed dialed one of my contacts I would get a message saying "please enter the 10 digit number now and don't hit send" so I'd look up the number and enter it and then it would dial the person. Has anyone had this problem? I called Verizon and they were clueless. I live in southern Oregon and had this problem just lately when I was visiting southern Kansas. Help!!

Jeff

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
What part of Kansas? I could see what happens with my iPhone 5 tomorrow while I'm driving from Kansas City to Dallas. I don't recall having issues the last time I made that drive a few years ago though. I usually have a better signal on Verizon than my boyfriend has on T-Mobile whenever we drive out-of-state.

Reactions: ABC5S

AztecKing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Southern Oregon
What part of Kansas? I could see what happens with my iPhone 5 tomorrow while I'm driving from Kansas City to Dallas. I don't recall having issues the last time I made that drive a few years ago though. I usually have a better signal on Verizon than my boyfriend has on T-Mobile whenever we drive out-of-state.
I was in Southern Kansas east of Ark City. Thanks!

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I was in Southern Kansas east of Ark City. Thanks!
Southeast Kansas; we like our cardinal directions ;) Anyway, that's so weird. I had signal all along I-35. I live in Northeast Kansas and almost never have signal issues. Unfortunately Verizon's fix is usually a new SIM card.

AztecKing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Southern Oregon
Verizon just sent me a new phone so we'll see if that makes a difference. As a born and bread Kansas boy I usually say southeastern but this time I just wanted to make sure I was being more exact to describe my location.;)

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Verizon just sent me a new phone so we'll see if that makes a difference. As a born and bread Kansas boy I usually say southeastern but this time I just wanted to make sure I was being more exact to describe my location.;)
Nice avatar ;). Hope the new phone helps! They gave me a new SIM when I was having signal issues just north of Lawrence.