Trouble with Wi-Fi on iPhone 5S w/7.1.1

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ashton18, Apr 24, 2014.

1. ashton18 macrumors regular

ashton18

Hello guys! Shortly after upgrading from 7.1 to 7.1.1 on my iPhone 5s I've noticed certain issues with Wi-Fi connectivity in my home.

Before updating I performed an Internet speed test (using the SpeedTest app by Ookla) and I got the usual 50-55 mbps download speeds.

After updating, I used my phone for quite a bit; I downloaded multiple apps and I streamed a few videos and I noticed the phone began disconnecting and re-connecting to the Wi-FI network all throughout a 45min TV show.

I performed another speed test because I also experienced lots of buffering (this never happens!) and I got 8 mbps download as a result.

I restarted the router and modem as well the iPhone itself.

All of my other iDevices including an iPad Air running 7.1 and an iPhone 5s also running 7.1 get the same 50-55 mbps download speeds.

My iPhone 5s with 7.1.1 is only getting 6-8 mbps download speeds.

Anyone else having any Wi-Fi issues?

*The speed tests were all done from the same spot in my house and there weren't any other devices using bandwidth.

2. ksh977 macrumors newbie

Try toggling Wi-Fi off and then on in Control Center or Settings. When you do this, the Wi-Fi router and iPhone renegotiate the Wi-Fi channel and they sometimes find a channel with less interference that performs at a higher speed. Wi-Fi speeds are dependent on interference from other members of your LAN as well as from your neighbors who are members of their own LAN.

3. ColdnFrosty macrumors newbie

ColdnFrosty

WiFi Download Speeds Degrade after iPhone 5 Update to 7.1.1

I installed 7.1.1 on my iPhone 5 and iPad Air. Prior to the update I was clocking in the mid 80's Mbps download speeds on the 5. After the update, the best I can get is the low to mid 30's. My iPad remains at 110 Mbps download speeds before and after the update. Both are on the same home network.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Reset your network settings on your iPhone (NOTE: this will wipe out Wifi passwords so I hope you have them written down or memorized)