Trouble with Wifi on iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JD92, Jul 11, 2008.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

Hey people, I'm having some trouble with my iPhone 3G's Wifi.

My iPhone's able to detect my network ok, and it takes my WEP key ok, but it doesn't seem to be able to actually use my wifi network which is a problem because O2's 3G and EDGE signal is quite weak in my house.

One thing which I've noticed is that under IP Address my iPhone says 169.254.23.80, but I would expect it to say something like 192.168.1.x as that's what all my other wifi device's IP addresses are.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Jack

2. designaholic macrumors regular

designaholic

Similar problems

I'm having problems too, as noted here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5775208&posted=1#post5775208

After extensive testing, I'm almost sure it's something to do with the 2.0 software - mainly as I upgraded my 1st gen iPhone last night and it also now exhibits the exact same problem.

I get the wifi icon, and my network shows under Settings > Wi-Fi > Choose a Network - but when trying to load pages in Safari, the connection either times-out -or- loads a page ok with the subsequent page becoming unresponsive.