Trouble with XBOXLIVE on Mac Network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PixelatedFuture, Mar 19, 2008.

1. PixelatedFuture macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    long time reader of macrumors (former apple employee) & now new to the forums.
    Problem::
    I have a 24'' iMac (2months old)
    Belkin Wireless N Router
    Xbox 360

All hardware is within 6ft or less of each other so i dont really need the iMac to go wireless internet just yet. (I have the wireless on anyways for iPhone purposes.)
    Setup is as follows:
    Modem> Router> ethernet to iMac & another to the Xbox.
    I opened the necessary ports of the router setup page (info via xbox technician) this still gave me the 'Open Nat' Error message while playing Halo 3. I enabled the DMZ option in router controls and this made the XB Live work 100% but in turn made the iMac lose all internet connectivity.
    I have since disabled it, and now it seems like i cannot be doing anything online with the iMac while the Xbox live is running otherwise i'll keep getting kicked off ''Lost Connection to XBox Live."

Objective is to be able to be signed into the Xbox Live and still be able to use minimal bandwidth on the iMac for web browsing & iTunes etc...

No one with Xbox or Belkin can seem to help with this...
    Any ideas????? thanks in advance!

2. Deadaim357 macrumors member

Deadaim357

Sorry man I can't think of anything that might help. When I had my iMac I had a Linksys router and that worked great. I'd recommend getting one of those If you can.