Troubles With Adobe Audition

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by billybanks, Apr 25, 2009.

1. billybanks macrumors newbie

I've read every Adobe Audition post, i have been extensively searching the net for weeks and have been unable to find a solution.

Of course i recently switched to mac (iMac 24" leopard 10.5.6). I of course love it. But i am having major issues with Adobe Audition. I finally decided on a mac because i was told i can run windows and i'd be able to use audition. I am using Fusion and audition 1.5 (my favorite).

It simply runs nothing like it did on my crappy PC. There is a huge recording delay and the editing is delayed as well. When i listen to a file than try to edit a section of it, it is always a sec off visually. I tried recording and it drops out and skips on play back. And i simply have a hardtime getting the volumes set correctly.

My first huge problem started when i couldnt get the audio i was recording to play out of the speakers and i patched that up with a line in app. Which i dont like.

I tried upgrading to AA 3.0, but that was even worse.

I am recording through the stock line in and i will hopefull get a sound interface soon. I also noticed a bit of a delay between the audio i am sending in from my dj mixer and what is coming out of the speakers as well.

Through searching around i came up with ASIO being a possible issue but i dont know anything about ASIO and i dont understand what it is....

does anyone have a clue how to fix these issues?

2. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

hm this seems like the only relevant adobe audition post for running it under a mac. is it really this bad?? lets face it, garageband sucks and is only useful for extremely tiny sound tasks. protools/cubase are higher end tools that aren't necessary for the average home recording user. adobe audition/cool edit was the perfect balance between intuitiveness and features. i'm confused as to why the adobe page suggests you should be able to run adobe audition under vmware/parallels when clearly you're going to get huge issues with recording latency.

this is probably the main program i miss from my windows machine.