troubles with airport express and my stereo....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by apeuluser, Sep 3, 2011.

1. apeuluser macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just plugged my new stereo cambridge with excellent speakers.
    I also plugged my airport express to the stereo amp (in aux)
    but I have just one speaker working...
    when i switch the cables (white on red and red on white) the other speaker is working...

It definitly comes from the airport (which was working with my previous amp)

do I need special cables for my cambridge amp or is it coming from something else.

Thanks for any help !!

regards

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

From what you describe, there's nothing wrong with your Airport or the amp. It sounds (sic!) like you have one channel on your i/c open circuit. Either check the iffy channel of your i/c or try another one - there's nothing special about it.

3. apeuluser thread starter macrumors newbie

I've made a test by plugging an headset to the airport and the result is the same, one ear only.
    When I play with the jack of the headset plugged to Airport I can have the second ear working...
    for me, this means the problem is coming from the inside of the airport..(the jack)

How can fix it Now ?
    there's one solution: get a new airport....:mad:

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Yes, it appears you've tracked the problem down to a bad contact in the jack socket of your Express :( If you can get intermittent contact with both channels by "wiggling" the plug, the use of a contact cleaner such as Deoxit could be worth a try.

5. apeuluser thread starter macrumors newbie

I just borrowed another airport express base, and this new one gives me the chance to plug to my hifi stereo and it works.

My problem with my Airport is definetly coming from the jack socket...:mad::mad::mad:
    I'll try to fix it.