Troubles with iTunes music after jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thaghost, Feb 15, 2012.

1. thaghost macrumors 6502

I jail broke my iPhone 4S the other day. Now, every song I download from iTunes doesn't play. It show's it in artists and everything, but when I press on it to play, it doesn't play. Any thoughts?

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I had something similar a while back. Removing it in iTunes didn't remove it either so I ended up restoring. Problem hasn't come back yet.

3. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Do you have iTunes Match?

4. thaghost thread starter macrumors 6502

I turned it off in iTunes and now everything is working haha

5. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

On topic, a friend of mine whose 4s I jailbroke suddenly would not play any of his iTunes library on the phone.. even though stuff like Pandora etc., still worked fine. The library was downloaded to his phone pre-jailbreak. He had also downloaded some Winterboard app that was not 5.0 compatible, and this began his problem I think, but then his jailbreak also seemed broken and nothing was available for removal or re-install in Cydia.

Long story short, I had to re-install his jailbreak, re-boot the phone, delete all the crap apps he installed but wasn't using, delete his entire music library, and re-install his iTunes library again on the correctly working stable jailbreak.

No problems since...