Troubles with my mail setup.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheGrudge, Apr 24, 2011.

1. TheGrudge macrumors member

TheGrudge

I have a Gmail account and it's currently synced with my iPhone via the "Google Sync" method, where you setup your mail account as an Exchange acount.

The "push" functionality works great, but my labels don't work at all. I can see all of the labels I have in my Gmail account, but when I select one on my phone, no emails show up. Also, when I go to move an email on my phone from my Inbox to one of my labels, it gives me an error saying "Cannot move email". I have IMAP enabled in Gmail, including the "advanced IMAP" lab.

After growing frustrated with this I decided to delete my Gmail account and set it up another way - IMAP. That works beautifully, but there's no push functionality. At least not that I can find.

Please tell me there is a way to setup Gmail with push functionality AND the ability to see my labels and file messages on my phone.

2. BriChi macrumors 6502

Set GMail back up as exchange, let it all sync then go into settings/mail/gmail account and make sure "mail days to sync" is set back enough for older emails to appear, It may only be on "3days" and you dont have and emails in labels newer than the 3 days, Also in there you can set the individual labels "folders" to sync via push also

3. TheGrudge thread starter macrumors member

TheGrudge