Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swb1192

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Okay this is really getting me angry.

I'm going to be getting AT&T next week, so I've had two people type in my email address and "refer" me through the program. But both times, I never receive an e-mail from AT&T. I called up customer service today, and they said that the person who refers me would have to find out why I'm not getting the e-mail. I don't have any spam filters on or anything else like that. Anyone else have this same experience?

Great first experience with AT&T.....

Please help!

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
Glad to see the macrumors community welcoming me to AT&T...

I don't know how to fix your issue, but I thought I'd welcome you! :)

WELCOME TO AT&T!!!

I hope you have a good experience with them, unlike me so far.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Okay this is really getting me angry.

I'm going to be getting AT&T next week, so I've had two people type in my email address and "refer" me through the program. But both times, I never receive an e-mail from AT&T. I called up customer service today, and they said that the person who refers me would have to find out why I'm not getting the e-mail. I don't have any spam filters on or anything else like that. Anyone else have this same experience?

Great first experience with AT&T.....

Please help!

I bet you it's related to this new policy they have where they have to verify that your email address is not on their "opt out" list before they send you any referral emails. I'm having the same problem with someone I referred - they haven't gotten the referral email yet and the status online indicates that AT&T is confirming that he hasn't opted out of receiving emails from AT&T. The problem here is that I think you only have like 15 days after you sign up for service to register for the referral program. Hopefully it doesn't take them too long to figure out that it's ok to send the referral email to the person I'm referring.

swb1192

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
I don't know how to fix your issue, but I thought I'd welcome you! :)

WELCOME TO AT&T!!!

I hope you have a good experience with them, unlike me so far.

So far it's not a good experience :(
Exit sign is on your left, please follow it. We have enough rude kids on this forum.
Sorry if I sounded rude, I didn't mean to come off that way. I just wanted to bump the thread.

I bet you it's related to this new policy they have where they have to verify that your email address is not on their "opt out" list before they send you any referral emails. I'm having the same problem with someone I referred - they haven't gotten the referral email yet and the status online indicates that AT&T is confirming that he hasn't opted out of receiving emails from AT&T. The problem here is that I think you only have like 15 days after you sign up for service to register for the referral program. Hopefully it doesn't take them too long to figure out that it's ok to send the referral email to the person I'm referring.
Ah that explains a lot. Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.