Troubles with Video Camera Need help asap

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by danmo16, Nov 29, 2009.

1. danmo16 macrumors newbie

Hey I have a Sony DCR-TRV22. Whenever I want to add footage from my camera to my mac/imovie It has to only be videos recorded onto/from the memory stick. The quality is bad. Now if i record stuff to the VCR/tape then the quality is ten times better but it will not register on my imac (yet it will on my home computer which uses windows). Is there a way i can get the vcr video recordings to show up or save them to my memory card? I need this for a biology project, so respond asap. thanks

2. namethisfile macrumors 65816

namethisfile

You probably need to convert the video file from the windows machine into a quicktime format for your mac. You can do this with mpeg streamclip which is a free download from the internet.

3. chuajhrha macrumors newbie

I accept with information:The single most important accessory for any camcorder is a good tripod. I would even consider extending my budget for that. You can get a pretty decent set of Manfrotto sticks with a fluid head for around $300.

4. huntercr macrumors 65816

That camera model is compatible with iMovie. Do you have a firewire cable? You should be able to get the movie off of the tape ( DV tape, BTW, not VHS )

If you don't have a firewire cable, that's where you need to start. Make sure your Mac also has a firewire port to plug it into.

If you do have a firewire prot, look at these Sony specific tips found here:

http://www.danslagle.com/mac/iMovie/usage/5020.shtml