Troubles with .WMV files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rspeaker, Apr 14, 2007.

1. rspeaker macrumors 6502

I've been using flip4mac since it came out, and have largely had no problems. Up until about two weeks ago. Now they won't play in Safari (most of my wmv videos come from cnn.com.) I can't think of anything that changed on my system, and am at a relative loss as to why they would just stop working. Has anyone else had this problem? Suggestions?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Just went over to cnn.com to check and the videos do not work on my mac either.

Also I thought cnn was a good news network (I have no exposure to it just the impression i have built up over time) however "Royal Splitsville" that is extremely childish for a major news network.

3. rspeaker thread starter macrumors 6502

CNN has become quite a bit of a joke, in my news-junkie opinion. Since they left the 24-hour Headline News format and started things like their morning program, Nancy Grace, Glenn Beck, Showbiz Tonight, etc. I do still rely on CNN to get a quick glance at what happened while I was at school/work; I then usually rely on NYTimes, Washington Post, BBC, blogs, etc, to get the story.

Anyhow...

I've also had problems at hbo.com/billmaher . It says they optimize videos for PCs and WMP, but I could play them, again, until about two weeks ago.