Troubleshooting help

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by PJNanook, Jul 12, 2017.

1. PJNanook, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017

PJNanook macrumors member

I have a Mac Pro (2013 6 core, 32, 512, Dual 500) with random reboot/crash problem that started last week. As pretty normal to my luck, my AppleCare ran out about 3 weeks ago.

I have run the latest Tech Tools suite on it. I have run Apple Diagnostics and both have come up clean. i have done all the normal stuff of fixing permissions, reset the PRAM and SMC. I have reinstalled the latest version of the OS from the web. I have then reverted to my last know good a from a few weeks back. (10.12.4) The only other isolation that I can think of that I have yet to do is my cordless mouse. I will try that today.

Sometimes it happens quickly. Sometimes it can take a few hours before it locks up or reboots. The crash log has nothing that I can decipher. No obvious errors. Just code.

I had upgraded to 10.12.5 just a bit back and it ran fine for a while.

Can anyone give me an idea of what to try next?

Thanks,

Kevin

2. PJNanook thread starter macrumors member

I think my Mac Fan-boy streak was getting in the way. Logged out of iCloud and not only does it not crash, the computer load web pages a bit faster. Photoshop, about the same as it has always been. Thirteen hours uptime since last random reboot. (that is when I logged out)

K