Troubleshooting Office 2010 installation (digital download) on Parallels 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Retrostarscream, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Retrostarscream macrumors member

Retrostarscream

I purchased Office 2010 on Amazon as a digital software and downloaded the installer .exe file

While running parallels 7 (Windows 7 VM) in coherence mode, I execute the installer and a progress bar appears stating it is extracting files from installer (presumably to launch office installer) however after progress bar finishes, nothing happens as in no installer is launched

I currently have all my windows folders shared with my mac and searched them for any changes but can't pinpoint anything. Please excuse me if I am severely overlooking something, just wondering if anyone has had (is having) a similar situation. Is there any specific folder or place I am suppose to be looking for my elusive office 2010 installer ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

2. Retrostarscream thread starter macrumors member

Retrostarscream

I'm sorry, you guys. I contacted the parallels team (which were extremely helpful btw) and they pointed out the fact that the installer was attempting to install Microsoft Office 2010 64bit on Windows 7 32bit. I quite frankly completely forgot to select 64bit windows as I choose the "express install" route and guess parallels when ahead and choose for me. I deleted the virtual machine and manually installed Windows 7 64bit as my new vm. It was all smooth sailing from there