trsnsfer music from PC to Mac

Discussion in 'iPod' started by chimpboy74, Dec 10, 2007.

1. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Hi There
    I know this has been answered several times but I cant seem to get the posted advice to work for me. I have all my music on a PC and want to get it on my MAC. I followed the advice given but nothing seems to work. I have disabled autosyncing so I dont lose things but then my ipod seems to disconect (ie doesnt show 'do not disconnect' on screen) it does show up in itunes though. I have tried various download software (ipod rip etc) but they say complete after about ten seconds and nothing has happened. Can anyone offer any advice?

90% of what i have is from CD and I dont want to have to add then all in individually again

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

First and likely easiest - network your PC and Mac and pull the music over that way.

Depending on what iPod you have - you could use a third party program that allows you to view the contents of your iPod as if it were just a hard drive. (and pull the music into your library like that)

If the music is not copy protected content - you should have no problem using it.

Back in my PC days - I used to access the music on my iPod via Winamp with the gUSB All Devices plugin - it worked great - except you had to be CAREFUL, as it would nuke a directory without asking twice. Be it ipod, hard drive or network drive. (so no running about like a retard allowed)

3. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

thanks
    I have no idea how to network my PC and Mac so possibly that isnt an option for me.

I have managed to get to a certain point with senuti. However it keeps giving me a message saying it cant transfer because of dialogs on itunes. Can I disable these. What does it mean?

4. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

This site has a TON of info already on it. Search the forums, and/or read some of the guides. We're not individual, "special and unique snowflakes" like our kindergarten teachers led us to believe... Others have been there, done that. Many times, in most cases. :D

Enjoy:

http://guides.macrumors.com/Networking_Windows_with_Mac_OS_X

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Actually

[guide]Copying Music from your old PC to new Mac[/guide]

is probably more useful ;).

6. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Hey - how do you expect people to learn how to search if you give them everything right off the bat?

You gave him the fish - I was attempting to teach him to fish.

You trying to make me look like a jack@$$ or something?

I don't need your help with that - I've got it in spades on my own... ;)

7. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Thanks for all your help
    very friendly place.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I doubt the OP will want to move his music from a PC to a Mac again, at least not while the same software is in use ;) and if he's helping a friend he can follow the guide.

Not at all, I thought you'd just missed it.