Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
Hay, been finding things really choppy on my powerbook, upon looking at activity moniter there was a process called TruBlueEnviroment, it was using 80-90% CPU time

What is it? as i haven't been able to find much info on it :confused:

I tried a normal quit process and that did nothing, i then tried a force quit, seems fine now

iindigo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco, CA
In a nutshell this process is Classic mode, which runs Mac OS 9 on top of OS X so you can run Classic (pre-OS X) programs. To stop Classic just go to System Preferences and click Classic.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
I see

Done some more playing, and there definitely seems to be some kind of problem with leaving classic open for a long time, started classic back up and trublue is using less than 3%, and with simcity 2k running around 30%, quit simcity and it goes back down to 3%

I'll see what happens after it's been running for a day or 2 :)

Thanks

Noiseboy

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2002
Lurking nearby.
Mine too

I was just looking to post the same question as you. Since I upgraded to Tiger a few days ago TruBlue also suddenly starts using 95% of the cpu and the fan comes on loud.
Did you just move to Tiger as well? If so this must be related.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
I'm running tiger on my powerbook, came pre installed

I also have tiger on my iMac, but no OS9 system folder

Nor have i had one on there since 10.2, i don't remember classic, or anything else for that matter, using up pretty much all the cpu time

It would certainly seem to be a tiger/classic issue, but i'm guessing it's not a very big problem, and there can't be that many people these days running into it, so it wont be a high on apples list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.