Truck Simulators for PPC

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by G4PPC, Apr 1, 2018.

1. G4PPC macrumors newbie

G4PPC

I'm sorry I hadn't been on for awhile, hadn't really used my G4 Mac in awhile, til I started playing Wolfenstein3d, Doom and found source ports for PPC.

I found plenty of FPS's for my G4 as I bought Return to Castle Wolfenstein for mac with Call of Duty and BattleField 1942 Deluxe. All three work on a G4..

However I only saw mention of a Truck Simulator or two for Mac, not PPC and wondered if there were any that came out for the PPC. when I say Truck Simulator I'm referring to 18 Wheels Of Steel Across America, PTTM "Pedal to the Metal", Long Haul, Extreme Trucker, Euro Trucker, Hard Truck, etc.

Are there any Big Rig Trucking Games for a Power PC Mac?

I'm not looking for Freeware Games specifically as I am willing to buy a game if it works for my Power PC.

I have just a 12 inch G4 iBook 1.33MHZ 1.5gb Ram, 32mb Video, 40gb Hard Drive.

2. AL1630 macrumors 6502

AL1630

As far as I know, the only simulators for PPCs are a couple flight ones. Most PPC computers, especially laptops, wouldn't be powerful enough to run a decently detailed sim, so there just wasn't a huge market.

3. G4PPC thread starter macrumors newbie

G4PPC

Thank You.

That sounds about right, and I should did a search before posting I went and looked at the Dates of when those games came out I think the earliest one was like 2001 and my G4 was made in 2001 but most the rest came like 2005 or later and I just heard Mac is going move away from Intel's in 2020. That is going be terrible.