True feeling...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobsentell, Jan 30, 2010.

?

Are You Buying the iPad

Poll closed Feb 19, 2010.
  1. Yes, I would buy anything with the bitten Apple on it!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Yes, but I'm not real excited.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, after I get my hands on it first.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Maybe, but I want to get a hands on it and the HP Slate before I decide.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. No, I'm going to wait for Version 2.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No, I don't have a real need for it.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I've seen a couple polls, but most of them are yes and no polls. I'm a little more curious as your true feeling.

Select your answer and explain why...

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Yes. Excited about the product because fits our needs almost perfectly.

But not buying just because it's Apple, so i fall between your 2 yes choices.

3. bobsentell thread starter macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I know. I could've come up with 10 or more options. But I figured these 6 will capture most.

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

like many others I'm slightly underwhelmed by the iPad. Mostly because of the missing webcam, USB port, Card reader, the ugly Becel and the high price for the 32GB/3G version ($760 with iWorks). And the iPad gets bashed and beat in the media quite a lot.

However when I talk to people I know many are a lot more positive about it. Many say they will try and probably buy it. They don't care about the media opinions and they don't care about the tech specs.

I was initially thinking I won't buy it but then I checked aposting I made beginning of January where I listed what I want from an tablet and how much I would pay for it. And the iPad fills all points except the missing webcam and the price being 25% higher (or $120) than what I planned for. USB and card reader can be added via adaptors what increases the price even more.

But in the end if actually fits my needs. hat is a dangerous situation because it means I likely will accept the higher price and just buy one. So I will try it out and if it feels responsive and if the screen is great I guess I'll buy one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.