True or False: You miss Cover Flow on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by XciteMe, Jun 5, 2010.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

I don't mean to imply iPad had Cover Flow in the brief time its been released... I mean, you miss it because it's not there.

When I get an iPad I will have to become used to the new music interface.

2. Maaz macrumors 6502a

At first I thought it was dumb of them to remove it, but I honestly find myself finding my music quicker now. Especially since many of my albums don't have the art.

3. admanimal macrumors 68040

Cover Flow is one of those things that is cool to look at and show your friends, but ultimately is not the most efficient way to browse your music. I never use it on my iPhone or in desktop iTunes. Cover Flow is better suited to browsing images or other files where getting a quick preview of the document is useful (i.e. like it works in Finder).

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I agree with the above comments. Its one of those features that if you have it, then its cool to use, but if you don't, eh, its not that big-of-a-deal.

on the iPhone, cover flow was always a feature I would use to show off the accelerometer in the iPhone to my friends.

5. gikku macrumors regular

gikku

6. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

I agree with all previous points, it's a visual gimmick which does not enhance your everyday use, as you see it a couple of times and turn it off. iTunes after all on the iPad is a cut down version anyway.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't miss the gimmick that is coverflow. I do wish the ipad was iTunes LP compatible.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yes, I agree.

I'm surprised apples not already supporting iTunes LP and iTunes Extras, as much as Steve praised about it during the iPad event last fall.

9. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I agree completely with both of these statements. iTunes LP seems like a no brainer on the iPad. Being a musician with many CDs on the iTunes store, I wish Apple would give the artists an easy way to create LP content. I'm actually surprised they didn't include that in something like that in one of the iLife or iWork apps. Since print media is dying, make it easy to give the fans full, rich content to download.

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

during the Q&A session at this weeks D8 conference, someone asked Steve Jobs and interesting question, which could explain why their wasn't support for iTunes Lp and Extras right away.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/01/steve-jobs-live-from-d8/

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I rather like Coverflow, it was the reason why I went through my iTunes library adding covers. I like it on my iPod touch.

12. DisneyRicky macrumors regular

DisneyRicky

Didn't think of the feature until now! I don't even use it in iTunes, I like the album cover view more! Looks more organized!

13. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I always hated cover flow with a passion. It caused me so much grief so many times. Sometimes I had to shake my damn phone to make it realize I had flipped it.

14. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

+1. Dunno why they didn't include it though - iPad isn't powerful enough? :/

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No coverflow? That's it, I'm returning my iPad today. What a piece of crap.

16. RobBookPro macrumors regular

Coverflow is something that makes macs look awesome in store setups. In practice it is form over function. Very inefficient.

17. eTip macrumors 6502

There's an app for that:

itunes.apple.com/us/app/music-flow/id368387536?mt=8

Yeah I miss the hell out of CoverFlow. When listening to music at home, it's usually with CoverFlow my (MacMini connected to my 50" plasma). Baffles me why they didn't include it with the iPad but I guess I am in the minority. Heck, what initially drew me to my the first iPhone was CoverFlow! (Had the Touch come out first, I would have likely bought one instead).

I am a music fanatic with over 45k song (mostly complete albums) with 99% of my library completely tagged. I have always had an appreciation of cover art from the days of LP's and can usually immediately recognize an album/artist by the album cover. I guess I miss the days of flipping through albums/CD's at the record store or at friend's house and looking through my albums via coverflow seems natural and intuitive. That said - I get it that things have changed and a lot of people never even see or at least notice the cover art for the music they own.

18. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Then, shouldn't you vote TRUE, YOU DO MISS IT??:rolleyes::cool:

19. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

I hate cover flow and always lock my auto orientation before using the iPod application. I hate any applications that uses this UI too. I don't see it as beautiful at all.

20. racer1441 macrumors 68000

False.

I hate cover flow on the devices it is on. Glad it isn't on the iPad!

21. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I never liked cover flow on either my iPod touch or my iPhone, so I'm really happy it is not on my iPad.

22. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

True. It would look good on the iPad but cover size might be an issue. Probably why sn:apple: left it out.

23. PanAm-L1011 macrumors 6502

False. While cool looking i always have thought cover flow is a dumb way to find your music. It takes longer than other ways. I didn't even know the iPad didn't have it until I saw your post.