iPad True Tone Flash?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nanogirl21, Oct 24, 2013.

1. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

do the updated camera's in the ipad air and ipad mini with retina include the new true tone flash?

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

No flash at all actually, I mean do you see people in the streets or anywhere taking pictures and selfies with these giant iPads? No reason for apple to add a flash.

3. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Actually I do see people using the iPads to take photos. Nothing is wrong with it. They wouldn't have a camera there for people NOT to use it. Did you watch the keynote? I seen many people taking photos with their iPad's. Flash would be a great addition especially for low light situations. Thank you very much.

4. hologram macrumors 6502

I don't see any volcanoes, so I guess they don't exist.

Thanks for the laugh, kyle!

5. MLAM macrumors regular

Assuming you watched the latest keynote then surely you would know there is no flash on the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display?

6. OneBagTravel macrumors 6502

OneBagTravel

True Tone Flash?

I wouldn't assume he saw it.

Then again, I wouldn't assume he was a he.

7. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Wrong. They said "improved camera" that could be improved camera with true tone flash or not with true tone flash. As I recall (may be wrong) they didn't specifially say what was improved with the camera. I personally think the keynote was rushed with the features of the iPad especially with the mini (which is the one I am interested in).

8. MLAM macrumors regular

Indeed though they did show rear visuals of the iPad Air and mini which showed no flash present.

Funny you say that it seemed rushed as I do agree, compared to the MacBook Pro and Mac Pro presentations it was almost like Phil had to cram in 2 presentations in a 25 minute slot.

Given it is Apple's own event I am not sure why they felt a time scale pressure.

9. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

No need to speculate based on the Keynote, it's all in the Tech Specs section for each device at Apple.com.

5C: "LED flash"
    5S: "Tru-tone flash"
    iPads: No mention of flash