True Tone so what's the verdict?

Scarpad

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I just got my 12.9 in Pro yesterday and i have to admit i didnt care for TT initially, then i turned it on and it started to appear ok, i think the more yellow screen takes time to adjust after the bluish cool look of all other ipads, whatcha all think?

FeliApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2015
I've been using it for a year with my 9.7 iPad Pro and I got used to it. I like it, it reduces eye strain I think but that's maybe because, as I said, I got used to it. I don't think I'll disable it anytime soon.

Sunshoopa

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2011
I couldn’t live without it. The regular blue tent is too harsh for me. Anytime I have to use a screen without it my eyes water. Before nightshift (and true tone) existed I used F.lux 24/7.

Ghost31

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2015
I thought true tone was incredibly “meh” when I first got my iPad Pro. Then I turned it off after a week of using it and could NOT believe how freaking blue everything looked. It was trippy. Made me look at my iPhone 7 Plus in a wholeeeee different way. One of those things you don’t know how useful it is until you experience it. Like pro motion

Scarpad

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I thought true tone was incredibly “meh” when I first got my iPad Pro. Then I turned it off after a week of using it and could NOT believe how freaking blue everything looked. It was trippy. Made me look at my iPhone 7 Plus in a wholeeeee different way. One of those things you don’t know how useful it is until you experience it. Like pro motion
pro motion really is nice i compare the pro to my regular ipad and can't believe how stuttery it is

Reactions: Ghost31