truecrypt only mounts my volumes as read only

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sundaemon, Sep 3, 2008.

1. sundaemon macrumors newbie

Help!
    I've used TrueCrypt extensively for my Windows files before, and from all that I've read my volumes should also work fine on my mac. I however have an issue where my volumes are mounting as read only.

I've set all the configs in TrueCrypt to not mount as read only, and after they are mounted the volume properties do say "Read-Only = No". However when I open a terminal window and check the OS volume mount options, it says read only. I checked permissions for all relevant files and set them to 777, but no change. I am running Leopard 10.5.4 and TrueCrypt 6.0a. Can anyone tell me what I am missing here?

2. saitoh macrumors newbie

You probably created the TrueCrypt container in Windows and when mounted it is a filesystem that MAC does not natively support (ie. ntfs). Either you need to create a new TrueCrypt container for on the mac or you need to enable support for windows filesystems on your mac.

3. Yuniverse macrumors member

Yuniverse

Thanks for this pointer. I wanted to ask the same question, but your post definitely answered my question. :)

4. coodem macrumors newbie

If you want to use the drive in a mixed mode environment. You can leave drive as NTFS and install paragon NTFS for mac