TrueHDR Results on iPod Touch (4th Generation)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Link2999, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

As far as I know, HDR Pro doesn't have iPod support, but TrueHDR does. When I bought the app, I wasn't expecting anything too great because of the iPod's camera, but if the lighting conditions are right, you can actually get a much better picture than with the default Camera app.

I took some pictures of a rabbit in my backyard (couldn't get too close without scaring it off).

This one is with the default app:
    [​IMG]

And this one is with TrueHDR:
    [​IMG]

One thing that I didn't care for however, is that TrueHDR resized my picture. Still a great app though if you have an iPod Touch and want to take HDR images.

2. LifeInLoFi macrumors member

LifeInLoFi

Thanks for sharing your results. Unfortunately, your images didn't post.

I don't think the developers of ProHDR are interested in supporting any but the top of the line iPhone cameras. When I wrote them about it several months ago, they implied a concern about the quality of the images and a concern for users who might buy it and regret it. Understandable with the older cameras. Things could change, though, with the next update.

Have you looked into ClearCam? It now also supports the iPod Touch.

=M=

(I don't work for Occipital. I've just loved ClearCam since it was a jailbreak-only app)