Truly amazing service from Apple

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sjdigital, Jul 3, 2011.

1. sjdigital macrumors regular

I took my wife's white MacBook into the Belfast Apple Store last week as the track pad button was starting to work only intermittently. I also pointed out to the guy at the Genius Bar that the keyboard surround was cracked as a result of the problem with lid which was the subject of an extended warranty by Apple. I was therefore hoping that we'd get some sort of discount off the cost of replacing the keyboard, track pad and surround as I understood from a local Apple service agent that we had missed the opportunity to avail of the extended warranty.

You can imagine our surprise, and delight, when the guy said they had a keyboard surround in stock, it would take 15 minutes to fit it and there was no charge as the cracked surround was indeed covered by the extended warranty! The MacBook is almost five years old and this is simply incredible service. Try going into PC World with a five year old laptop asking about warranty repairs!

Awesome service!

2. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I've taken my well out of warranty Macbook back 3 times for the same fix (seems they now fit a new monitor bezel and keyboard top plate which looks to be a less brittle plastic). The mouse and keyboard are part of the same unit, it always gets changed.

3. brapmac740 macrumors member

brapmac740

Had two top cases and bevel's replaced here on my 2007 Macbook C2D

4. Emily91 macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to me, I have a 2007 Black Macbook, on easter day I noticed it started to have the notorious cracking problem. The following Thursday I took it to the Sydney Apple Store, and they replaced the top casing, keyboard and touchpad for me, the laptop is 4 years old. I was very impressed.

5. mysoxlike2party macrumors newbie

Holy crap, so if you bring in your macbook and it has that cracking problem, they'll replace the top casing which includes the keyboard and touch pad? Honestly?

6. PaulWog Suspended

That's great to hear. And yes, Apple's service tends to be top-notch in most cases, or at the very least above average.

That said, what's with the little swipe at Apple's competitors? Apple sells their own very specific products, so they can back their product easily. If you take a random 5-year-old Windows-based laptop from Toshiba, or Samsung, or Sony into wherever you purchased it from, of course it's not likely they'll have a particular cracked part that you might be looking for. But let's get real: You're comparing brands which do not have a dedicated store for their specific product only, versus Apple. That's such a skewed comparison.

Let's quit with the rather uninformed fanboy comments and simply agree that Apple has good service.

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

No no no, I can play along. I had a random Dell laptop, and it had a problem. It also happened to have generous warranty, so sometime in 2004 I got the motherboard replaced, on a computer that had originally come with Windows 95 on it.

And Dell came to me the next day. None of this driving to a store business that Apple makes you do.

I mean, I guess compared that that, Apple's service isn't so great after all, is it? I mean, heck, their computer even had a product recall on it!

Who's next? Bring 'em on!:p

8. jwhite4304 macrumors member

jwhite4304

7 years ago, Dell had great service but lately it seems to have suffered greatly along with support.
    Jimbo