Truly Bricked iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by tgifman1, Feb 18, 2008.

1. tgifman1 macrumors newbie

Ok so I think i might have completely ruined my iPod touch.

I had it jailbreaked in firmware 1.1.1, but it wouldn't sync in iTunes. So I restored it and got into this mess.

When I tried to restore it failed and the error was 1603. Any Apple downloaded firmware gets that error and any manually downloaded firmware gets error 1.

I just turns on and goes to the please connect to iTunes screen (the one with the cord and iTunes logo).

I'm a little upset and stressed out so if someone could help me out, that would rock!

2. skir0987 macrumors regular

3. tgifman1 thread starter macrumors newbie

The weird thing for my touch is that I can't get to the blank restore screen. I hold down the power button and home button and when it shuts off I only hold down the home button, but it doesn't do anything...

And the tutorial didn't help because of the above.

4. caa4444 macrumors member

Same thing happened to me when i was jb 1.1.3 and itunes accidentally synced my ipod in middle of the jb but i just restored to 1.1.3 then downgraded to 1.1.1 useing autodown to get to dfu mode then downgrade restore using itunes

5. tgifman1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds like that might work, but what is autodown?

6. txc macrumors newbie

hold down both buttons for a count of 10, just don't wait for the screen to go blank.

hold them down for a count of 10, then hold the home key alone for a count of 10.

that fixed the error 1 for me.

7. tgifman1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that worked for me getting rid of the error 1, but now i'm back to error 1604..... :/

8. tgifman1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I think that force recover and normal recover aren't working so, I might just have to go to my local apple store.

But I might wait until there is a price drop on the 8GB (If it happens at the rumored event....)

But if anyone has another possible solutions, I would love to hear!

9. tgifman1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I hate to triple post, but anyways just wanted to say that I fixed my iPod touch. I reinstalled iTunes (as I found out that error 1604 is an iTunes issue) and upgraded to 1.1.3 (got the apps for free :D) and everything was fine! Thanks for the help!