Trumpet boy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by trumpetboy, May 27, 2012.

1. trumpetboy macrumors newbie

New to the apple scene, but have an iMac, iPad plus iPhone. Professional work see's me using MS Office suite. I have MS Office for Mac and QuickOfficePro HD and thought they would all be interoperable with iCloud. I'd like to read work doc's on the iPad whilst on the road in hotels, I thought iCloud,even paid for the book on iBooks, would help. But I'm still trying to make it all work can anybody shed some light? Please.

Kind regards

2. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

3. trumpetboy thread starter macrumors newbie

IPad

Thanks very much, will research Dropbox, seems iCloud has someway to then.

Kind regards

Trumpet boy

4. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Dropbox will be great for your needs. Just make an account at dropbox.com, then download the app for both your normal computer (from dropbox.com), and for your iOS device (from the app store).

On your computer, Dropbox is a folder that you simply drop the files you want to sync into. You'll see a little Dropbox icon on the menubar (mac) or taskbar (Windows) which will have a tick if everything's synced, two rotating arrows if its currently syncing, and a cross if it wasn't able to sync.

Once you've dragged the file in and its synced, you can now access it from the iOS application, which in turn will let you open it in other applications that support that file (for example, Pages for word documents), although you can preview most files in the application itself.