truncated file error in photoshop cs3

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Keebler, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

Hi Folks,

i'm working on a few scanning jobs.

I finished part 1 of project A without any issues.
    Part 2, however, is giving me 'truncated file or damaged file...can not open' error messages.

My procedure is to scan in the images, back the original scans up, then edit the scans, back those up, and prepare for DVD production.

The files giving me this error are the prepped files (after editing). Only the original scans do not produce the message. I edited in CS3, touching up the photos, then backing them up before shrinking the size and changing the aspect ratio.

I have done this numerous times before without ever receiving this message. Same procedures, different files.

I tried even my edited files before the dvd step and they are screwed too.

The odd thing - I can view these files perfectly through preview - i just can't open them in photoshop and trying them in Final Cut Pro produces a 'general error' message.

Any ideas??? It's really late here for me so my brain might not be firing on all cylinders...

cheers,
    keebler

2. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

btw, i edited on my imac 24" 2.16 if that matters and I transferred the files to an external, then to my mac pro 2.66 (used the external also as a backup and faster than transferring files over the network). I did transfer the files from the external to the mac pro.

3. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

not sure what happened, but i retransferred the files and everything works. Silly considering they didn't work on my imac (original source) after transferring to the mac pro.

this post can be deleted.