Trunket iPhone Skin with Rubber Bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brandnewdream, Dec 28, 2011.

1. brandnewdream, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

brandnewdream macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Have been reading various posts re: Trunket skins. All of the pictures I've seen have had really sharp aluminum cases, which look great. However, right now spending the $35 for the skin + $70+ for the bumper/case isn't a possibility. Have any of you had the Trunket skins with a rubber or polycarbonate bumper? (i.e. Scosche Bandedge, Griffin Reveal Frame, Craze ThinEdge) Would you say this is even a good idea, or should I wait until I can spare the $? (And yes, I know that it will eventually come down to personal preference as to whether or not I want this setup...looking for feedback) Thanks.

Matt

Also: will a rubber bumper give me enough lip for the skin to sit flush (or very close to it)?

2. vtclan macrumors regular

You could always consider the fake aluminum cases. There's a great thread dedicated to fake element cases that are less than $30 and have amazing quality.

As far as the trunket skin goes, I don't think it'll fit the craze thinedge since it already bubbles screen protectors and the wood is fairly thick.

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I too, was going to consider a Trunket, until someone posted their Trunket Skin (wood) wasn't sticking. It kept slipping' off the 4S backplate.

4. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I have the Trunket and love it. I had a sticking issue with the first one, but Rick at Trunket sent me a new one no questions asked. And that one stuck just fine. I am LOVING it! I use it with a fake Element Vapor Black Ops and it is a great combo.

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

^^^ Cool ^^^. Good to know Trunket Skins work. I was worried there for a while. I really like their skins.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I recently got a few new ones and I can confirm that out of 8 total that I currently have, one had a less sticky adhesive which wasn't sticking well to the glass.

7. brandnewdream, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012

brandnewdream thread starter macrumors newbie

Found a knockoff Deff Cleave at a Sprint store of all places and got it for $30. My Trunket is coming this week, I'll post pics.

8. FX21 macrumors newbie

I've been using a Trunket skin with the rubber bumper from Apple -- black/black. I started with the Apple bumper with a full-body Invisible Shield, then just added the Trunket skin on top. It works fine and feels nice in my hand, but it's time for me to change it up so I'm going back to using only the full-body Invisible Shield. In the 3rd picture it looks like the Trunket skin creates a "lip," but it doesn't feel that way. It actually feels flat and smooth.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ashok77 macrumors member

fx21,

any issues with sticking the Trunket skin to the invisible shield? i would worry sticking one skin on top of another might create some issues.

this was the exact set up i was considering; invisible shield, trunket and rubber bumper so i'm glad to hear and see that things worked out

10. FX21 macrumors newbie

ashok77:

Nope. I haven't had any problems with the Trunket skin sticking to the Invisible Shield. In fact, I took it off once and the Invisible Shield was stuck to it. I didn't try to pull it off because the Invisible Shield looked pretty stuck to the Trunket skin's adhesive. In my opinion, the stickiness of the I.S. and the Trunket adhesive made a good bond. Also, once I put it back on it had no problems sticking again.

Good luck with your setup! :)

11. ashok77 macrumors member

sweet! thanks for the feedback...will be going down this road this wknd