TruPrint

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mr. Chewbacca, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Anyone tried truPrint? It's from the same people that made mywi and intellascreen

I was thinking of getting it for the iPad/phone, it's 10$ but if it works it's worth it

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

They give you a 3 day trial. I just started it last night so far looks good. I have't decided if it's $10 good yet though.

3. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

4. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

How many of us with a wish to print once in a while own one of the 8 currently supported printers? Not that many. Is being able to print worth $10. Yes.

I'm running the trial and ergo - will buy

5. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Cool, thanks.

I was going to do the free trial but im getting the new MBP day after tomorrow and plan to clean up my phone and re-JB with redsn0w. I have way to much junk on my phone so this thime I'm not going to use pkgbackup and just select what I actually use.

Once the dust settels I'll have to give this a try. I see it being more usefull for the iPad but since it works on both, the phone will be a nice bonus.

6. himni macrumors regular

I have tried this and it works with my Brother MFC-9840CDW. I've been waiting for something like this to come along.

7. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Save the $10. I put AirPrintHactivator on my MBP and it works like a charm for my old OfficeJet. Can print from my Jailbroke IP4 and non-jailbroke iPad.

8. himni macrumors regular

This app lets you print to any printer on the network you are connected to. You don't have to do anything on a computer to be able to print. You could go to a friends house or be on the university wifi and print to the printers on the network.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

When was the last time I really needed to print something of my phone?
    In the past 4 years never.
    If its something important I can forward it to my home PC or work and print it.
    And never mind the limited amount of printers that will support this.
    I guess everyone got different needs though.

10. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I'm with you. I don't really have the need to print from my phone but do from iPad.

11. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

I'd like something like that - make it easier to print some of the docs I occasionally load to my phone. However, note the "occasionally" - it's not a $10 tweak to me.

On the flip side, you could probably screw with someone's head with this :)

12. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

It's a nice app, but not worth $10 to me. Plus, given the fact that our printers at work are on a different subnet than the wireless network, I can't see them anyway.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

Agree $10 way to high. I will uninstall it. Since when can't I go to the computer and print it. .99 or 1.99 at best.