Trust this Computer?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Apple Fan 21, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Apple Fan 21 macrumors regular

I get the "Trust this Computer?" message everyday I plug my iPhone 5S into my work PC to charge, but not at home on my iMac. What gives? Does my 5S recognized via iClould that my iMac is on the same iClould account?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Because your iPhone is tied to iTunes on your Mac. By connecting to a (strange) PC you open up the possibility for corruption. It's best to use a wall wart.

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Is the message show up on your phone or on your work PC? Probably some setting in iTunes on your PC.

4. Aucun Express macrumors regular

What is annoying is that you need to trust your computer each time you connect on it!
    Each time I connect it to my laptop at work I have to tap the "Trust this computer" button. I think the iDevice should remember the computers you trust. Because if you trust it once, you'll trust it all the time. (That's my humble opinion at least).

5. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I get that message on my iPad when I connect my iPhone with the camera connection kit...each time.

How about an "I wouldn't connect it if I didn't trust it, you moron!" button. :rolleyes:

6. 600lbs.Gorilla macrumors newbie

Really Annoyed!

Is there a setting to tell it to never trust my work computer, I only want it to charge when I plug it in here anyway?

7. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

this has been discussed before but the only way to make if stop on a PC is to install iTunes.

8. bluelogic macrumors newbie

bluelogic

lol 'wall wart' never heard that before.

9. SusanK macrumors 68000

Best solution. Faster charge, portable, no hassles. I never use the computer. Have a wall charger foe each iDevice.